SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 1,585 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 35 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 3 males 80s, 1 female 90s, 2 males 90s
- Douglas County: 1 male 50s
- DuPage County: 2 males 80s, 2 females 90s
- Henry County: 1 male 60s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 80s
- Kendall County: 1 female 80s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 90s
- Macon County: 3 females 70s
- Ogle County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 male 60s
- Randolph County: 1 male 90s
- Saline County: 1 female 90s
- Shelby County: 1 male 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 90s
- Union County: 1 female 90s
- Wayne County: 1 male 70s
- Whiteside County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,174,409 cases, including 20,269 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 75,269 specimens for a total of 17,622,800. As of last night, 1,468 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 356 patients were in the ICU and 170 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from February 14–20, 2021 is 2.7%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from February 14–20, 2021 is 3.1%.
A total of doses of 2,256,975 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 445,200 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 2,702,175. A total of 2,151,952 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 282,820 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 52,658 doses. Yesterday, 13,433 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.