2,529 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,529 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
- Bureau County: 1 female 50s
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Edgar County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Greene County: 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 50s
- Macon County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Macoupin County: 1 female 70s
- Montgomery County: 1 male 80s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Warren County: 1 male 80s
- Will County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 272,856 cases, including 8,436 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 12 – September 18 is 3.5%. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 74,286 specimens for a total of 5,057,142. As of last night, 1,469 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 326 patients were in the ICU and 141 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH is now reporting separately both confirmed and probable cases and deaths on its website. Reporting probable cases will help show the potential burden of COVID-19 illness and efficacy of population-based non-pharmaceutical interventions. IDPH will update these data once a week.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.