Initial Patient Registration
- Minor caregivers can register to the Illinois Cannabis Tracking System by selecting the MCPP Patient Registration Button.
- To register, the minor caregiver must complete all the information and click the Register Button.
- Once the minor caregiver successfully completes the registration process an email notification will be sent with a temporary password.
- The minor caregiver will need to change the password with the first log-in. Hover over the “My Account” and click on “Password”.
- Change the password and as instructed click on the “Save” button.
Starting MCPP Minor Patient Application
- New Applicants: Select “+New MCPP Patient Registration” to begin a MCPP application. If you are not sure which program you should apply for, please talk to your Health Care Professional before starting your application.
- You will need to select the application type, select “I am Applying on behalf of my minor child”.
- Answer “No” to the Terminal Illness question and select a 1yr, 2yr, or 3yr Term Card. For fees refer to the table further in this document. Note: If your child has been diagnosed with a Terminal Illness or disease by a Healthcare Professional, please refer to the Qualifying Terminal Minor Patient Application Instructions.
- In the minor patient Information Section, complete all required fields marked with an asterisk and upload all required documents. Verify the minor patient information is correct, and all required documents are uploaded before you click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. Note: Once you click on the “Save & Continue” button you will not be able change your information (except for gender, email, phone, and the dispensary).
- After clicking the “Save” button, you need to go to the “MCPP Patient Caregiver” tab to add a Caregiver. Note: By law Qualifying Minor Patient Applications Must have at least one Caregiver who is a parent or legal guardian.
Starting MCPP Minor Caregiver Application
- To add a Caregiver, you will need to go to the MCPP Patient Caregiver Tab and select “+ New” to begin the Caregiver Application. Before adding a Caregiver, please make sure you have answered “Yes” to the Caregiver question in the Patient Application Section. For Minor Qualifying Patient Applications, the First Caregiver is Free of Charge. Note: that a Patient can only have up to 3 Caregivers.
- In the Caregiver Information Section, complete all required fields marked with an asterisk. Upload the required documents based on your responses. If you answer “Yes” to the photo affidavit you will need to click on the Photo Affidavit link to download the form, complete the form and then upload the form. If you answer “No” you will need to upload a photo of the caregiver (Must be in JPEG format). These steps will have to be completed for each Caregiver you add.
- Caregiver Identification Section if you answer “No” to the question “Does the address on your Driver’s License/ID match the address listed on the application? You will need to upload a document for proof of residency for the Caregiver.
- After completing the Caregiver Identification Section, you will need to answer the question “Is this Caregiver the Parent of the minor qualifying patient?”. If you answer “Yes” no documents will be required to be uploaded in this section. If your name is not listed on the birth certificate you will need to upload the appropriate documentation by clicking the “Browse” button.
- If you answer “No” to the “Is this Caregiver, the Parent of the minor qualifying patient?” question. You will need to answer the question “Is this Caregiver the Legal Guardian of the minor qualifying patient?” if you answer “Yes” you will need to upload Legal Guardianship documentation.
- If you answer “No” to the question “Is this Caregiver, the Legal Guardian of the minor qualifying patient?”. You will need state a reason why the individual shall be a Caregiver for this minor.
- Caregiver Consent Upload Section click on the hyperlink “Click Here” to download the Caregiver Consent Form. Once the form has been completed you can proceed to upload the completed document and then click the “Save” button. Please Note: before you click the “Save” button verify all information is correct and all required documents have been uploaded for the Caregiver.
Healthcare Professional Certification Upload
- To add a Healthcare Professional Certification, click on the Provider Certification tab and click the “+ New” button.
- For the Minor Qualifying Patient Application, you will have two Healthcare Professional Certifications available to select in the drop-down box. Both Certifications must be selected to proceed with the application process. Once you have selected both Healthcare Professional Certifications click the “Save” button. Note: The Healthcare Professional Certifications will only be available to upload for the minor patient once the Healthcare Professionals have submitted their Certification. If no certification is available to upload, please contact your Healthcare Professional.