Initial Patient Registration
- Patients can register to the Illinois Cannabis Tracking System by selecting the MCPP Patient Registration Button.
- To register the patient must complete all the following information and click the “Register” button.
- Once the patient successfully completes the registration process an email notification will be sent with a temporary password.
- The patient will need to change the password with the first log-in. Hover over the “My Account” and click on “Password”.
- Change the password and as instructed click on the “Save” button.
Starting MCPP Terminal Patient Application
- New Applicants: Select “+New MCPP Patient Registration” to begin a MCPP application. If you are not sure which program you should apply for, please talk to your Health Care Professional before starting your application.
- You will have to select the application type, select “I am Applying for myself”. Note If you are applying on behalf of a Minor Patient, please refer to the Qualifying Minor Patient Application Instructions or the Qualifying Terminal Minor Patient Application Instructions.
- Answer “Yes” to the Terminal Illness question. Note: If you have not been diagnosed with a Terminal Illness or disease by a Healthcare Professional, please refer to the Qualifying Patient Application Instructions.
- In the Patient Information Section, complete all required fields marked with an asterisk and upload all required documents. If you answer “Yes” you want to waive the photo you will need to click on the Photo Affidavit link to download the form, complete the form and upload the form into the application. If you answer “No” you will need to upload a photo of yourself (Must be in JPEG format).
- In the Patient Proof of Identity Section, complete all the required fields marked with an asterisk.
- In the Fees Section, if you answer “Yes” to either question you will be required to upload the file(s) to obtain a reduced fee.
- In the Patient Veteran Status Section, if you answer “Yes” please upload the following: VA health records for the most current 12-month period by logging in to My HealtheVet and provide the following reports available in the VA blue Button: VA Appointments and VA Medication History. If you answer “No” a certification from your Healthcare Provider will need to be uploaded at a later stage in the application.
- In the Applicant Signature Verification Section, you will electronically sign the application and select the “Save” button.
Starting MCPP Caregiver Application
- To add a Caregiver, you will need to select the “MCPP Patient Caregiver” tab and select “+ New” to begin the Caregiver Application. Before adding a Caregiver, please make sure you have answered ‘Yes” to the Caregiver question in the Patient Application Section. Please note that you can only have up to 3 Caregivers.
- In the Caregiver Information Section, complete all required fields marked with an asterisk. Upload required documents based on your response to the waiver question. If you answer “Yes” to the photo affidavit you will need to click on the Photo Affidavit link to download the form, complete the form and then upload the form. If you answer “No” you will need to upload a photo of the caregiver (Must be in JPEG format). These steps will have to be completed for each Caregiver you add.
- After you have completed all the required fields, uploaded all required documentation, and verified the information is correct click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. Once you have added all your Caregivers click on the MCPP Patient Registration tab and click the “Save & Continue” button to continue the application process. Note: Once you click on the “Save & Continue” button you will not be able change your information (except for gender, email, phone, and the dispensary).
Healthcare Professional Certification Upload
- To add a Healthcare Professional Certification, click on the Provider Certification tab and click the “+ New” button.
- Once you have selected the Healthcare Professional Certification from the dropdown click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. If you answered “Yes” to the Patient Veteran Status question you will not be prompted to upload a Healthcare Professional Certification. Note: The Healthcare Professional Certification will only be available to upload for the Patient once the Healthcare Professional has submitted the Certification. If no certification is available to upload, please contact your Healthcare Professional.
- To make a payment go to the Payment tab and click “+ New” button to submit your payment.
- Select the “Click Here to Pay” button to finalize the application. After the payment is submitted you will receive an email notification.