The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Division of Patient Safety and Quality is collaborating with a workgroup on campaign planning and implementation. Members include:
- Advocate Medical Group
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Illinois Chapter
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois
- Downstate Illinois Partnership Against Antibiotic Resistance
- Illinois Academy of Family Physicians
- Illinois Pharmacy Association
- Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- SIUE School of Pharmacy
- University of Southern California
In addition, we continue to coordinate closely with the Illinois Quality Improvement Organization, Telligen, and other members of its Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Prevention Advisory Council.
Making a difference in fighting antibiotic resistance in Illinois will require commitment and collaboration across professional associations, healthcare systems, healthcare plans, local health departments, pharmacies, schools, consumer groups, business associations, and other stakeholders. Interested groups can partner with us to promote appropriate antibiotic use, for example:
- Share information about the campaign
- Participate in the campaign workgroup
- Provide resource support e.g., printing, marketing, filming, continuing education units
- Educate the public or deliver presentations on appropriate antibiotic use to other groups
- Participate in Get Smart about Antibiotics Week, a national observance held each November.
To partner with us, email email@example.com.