Region 7 on track to move to Phase 4 on Monday
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,428 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 40 additional deaths.
- Boone County: 1 female 80s
- Clinton County: 1 female 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 30s, 2 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s, 3 females 70s, 6 males 70s, 4 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s
- Franklin County: 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 2 males 40s, 1 female 60s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Marion County: 1 female 80s
- Monroe County: 1 male 60s
- Randolph County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 60s
- Will County: 1 teen
- Winnebago County: 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,126,301 cases, including 19,243 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 86,871 specimens for a total 16,039,292. As of last night, 2,467 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 538 patients were in the ICU and 289 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from January 24–30, 2021 is 3.9%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from January 24–30, 2021 is 5.0%.
A total of 1,333,475 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 496,100 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 1,829,575. IDPH is currently reporting a total of 981,988 vaccines administered, including 156,872 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 42,931 doses. Yesterday, a total of 36,851 doses were administered.
If all the mitigation metrics continue to improve, Region 7 will move into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Monday, February 1, 2021.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.