Over 65,000 tests reported in 24 hours
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,441 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 25 additional confirmed deaths.
- \Cook County: 1 female 50s, 3 males 60s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Effingham County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Greene County: 1 male 60s
- Hamilton County: 1 female 90s
- LaSalle County: 1 male 50s
- McLean County: 1 male 80s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 70s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 80s
- Wabash County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Williamson County: 1 male 60s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 286,326 cases, including 8,588 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 19 – September 25 is 3.6%. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 65,217 specimens for a total of 5,428,688. As of last night, 1,597 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 355 patients were in the ICU and 141 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, IDPH is now reporting separately both confirmed and probable cases and deaths on its website. Reporting probable cases will help show the potential burden of COVID-19 illness and efficacy of population-based non-pharmaceutical interventions. IDPH will update these data once a week.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.