More than 68% of Illinois adults have received at least one vaccine dose and 51% are fully vaccinated
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 342 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 37 additional deaths. In addition, more than 68% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 51% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Champaign County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 4 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- DeKalb County: 1 female 50s
- DuPage County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 70s
- Jackson County: 1 female 70s
- Kane County: 1 male 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 90s
- Kendall County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 90s
- Macon County: 1 male 70s
- Macoupin County: 1 male 80s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s
- McLean County: 1 female 70s
- Peoria County: 1 female 20s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Saline County: 1 male 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 70s
- Woodford County: 1 male 40s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,385,245 cases, including 22,949 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 38,386 specimens for a total of 24,886,002. As of last night, 792 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 212 patients were in the ICU and 117 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 30-June 5, 2021 is 1.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 30-June 5, 2021 is 1.4%.
A total of 11,531,838 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 37,455 doses. Yesterday, 48,500 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.