SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 4,469 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 81 additional deaths.
- Christian County: 1 female 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 40s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 5 males 50s, 2 females 60s, 7 males 60s, 11 females 70s, 7 males 70s, 10 females 80s, 5 males 80s, 6 females 90s, 3 males 90s, 2 females 100+
- DuPage County: 2 males 60s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 female 90s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 60s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s
- Macoupin County: 1 female 80s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 80s
- Sangamon County: 2 females 80s
- Will County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 979,821 cases, including 16,755 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 45,465 specimens for a total 13,482,117. As of last night, 3,817 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 798 patients were in the ICU and 462 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from December 27, 2020 – January 2, 2021 is 8.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from December 27, 2020 – January 2, 2021 is 9.6%
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.