SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 6,003 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 79 additional deaths.
- Adams County: 1 male 70s
- Bureau County: 1 female 80s
- Christian County: 1 male 80s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 9 males 60s,3 females 70s, 4 males 70s, 8 females 80s, 4 males 80s, 3 females 90s, 4 males 90s, 1 female over 100
- DuPage County: 1 female 40s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s
- Fayette County: 1 female 80s
- Hancock County: 1 male 90s
- Jefferson County: 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 2 males 50s, 1 male 80s
- Knox County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s
- Lee County: 1 male 90s
- Madison County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Montgomery County: 1 male 60s
- Ogle County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Perry County: 1 male 70s
- Rock Island County: 1 female 70s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s
- White County: 1 female 60s
- Whiteside County: 2 males 70s, 2 males 80s, 2 females 90s, 1 male over 100
- Will County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 900,370 cases, including 15,202 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 78,079 specimens for a total 12,434,525. As of last night, 4,389 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 991 patients were in the ICU and 546 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from December 13 – December 19, 2020 is 7.8%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from December 13 – December 19, 2020 is 9.6%.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for a death previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.