Surveillance and epidemiological monitoring of conditions and infections help public health programs in the following areas:
- Identify target populations most affected
- Identify outbreaks or changes in trends
- Use data to drive policies and programs
- Allocate resources to maximize limited resources
- Plan for future direction based upon epidemiology changes
Surveillance data for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis may be found under PUBLICATIONS in the right-hand navigation. Data may also be queried online through the IQuery and data.illinois.gov web sites. These sites may be found under RESOURCES in the right-hand navigation.